I have been pondering around and almost complaining about the existence of this popular social habit in the public space. Meatless Monday is an international campaign, so I intend to post a Meatless Monday recipe every Monday Vegan Style.
As a vegan I feel, that going meatless is only a step in the direction of compassion and health.Going meatless is great , but let’s do it Vegan style.
I have one simple mission. To help you explore eating vegan food and every meal, that contains no animal products will save someone’s life and reduce the amount of unnecessary suffering.
Vegan Monday is a way of making more and more people aware of the abundant and nutritious food when you choose to live vegan.Start with your meal today!
Today’s recipe is very easy(like nearly all of my recipes).
- 7-8 medium size potatoes -peeled, washed and cut into cubes
- 3 small onions -peeled and nicely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 spoonfuls of sweet paprika
- 500 mg of tomato passata
- 400 mg or more of water
- some red wine(optional)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- First saute the onions with the garlic in the olive oil with all the herbs .When they are almost cooked add the potato cubes and the paprika,
- Mix and let it simmer for 10 minutes.Add a spash of wine halfway if you choose to use wine.
- Then add the tomato passata and some water, making sure all the potatoes are well covered.
- Let it simmer on a low heat until the potatoes are cooked and become soft.
- The wine adds richness to the recipe, but it tastes just as good without it. Once your dish is ready about 5 minutes before serving you can add some small pieces of broccoli for extra flavour.
If you like this recipe please feel free to share it with your friends.
We live in extraordinary times.