No-bake cacao protein bars are a quick, easy, and healthy snack! These homemade protein bars are vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb, and customizable for keto and paleo diets. They’re made in 10 minutes with peanut butter, almond flour, and cocoa, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. That’s right – no refined sugar! Enjoy them as a post-workout dessert.
- 258 grams of peanut butter
- 65 grams of Superblend protein powder
- 63 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 112 grams of chocolate chips (or more)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (optional, see notes)
- Combine peanut butter, super blend organic protein powder, maple syrup, almond flour, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Mix together to form a ball of dough.
- Line a square baking dish with paper. Press the dough across the bottom of the container.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir together, then microwave for another 30 seconds. Pour melted chocolate over the dough and spread in an even layer.
- Chill in the freezer for 5 minutes or until the chocolate sets. Slice into 8-12 bars, depending on your preferred size. Add flaky sea salt on top (optional) and enjoy!
- Coconut oil is an optional ingredient, but it provides two benefits. First, it helps to create a runnier consistency so the melted chocolate spreads easily. Second, it softens the chocolate layer so it won’t break apart when you slice the bars. I highly recommend keeping it in the recipe.
- Store the bars in a sealed container inside the refrigerator. They will keep for 1 week. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
- The nutrition information below uses stevia-sweetened chocolate chips.
Serving Size: 1 bar