- 12-15 peppers of any colour:
- 1 cup of washed rice (long grain);
- 500 ml of tomato passata;
- 250g of cooked Cannellini beans;
- 250g of cooked Borlotti beans;
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- A pinch of marjoram;
- A pinch of oregano;
- A pinch of basil;
- 1/4 of a nutmeg;
- 100ml of red wine
- Black pepper;
- Olive oil;
Stuffed peppers just before I put them in the oven.They are so easy to make and delicious. If you are doing #veganuary or are looking for some #veganrecipes feel free to look at my other pictures. #veganfoodshare #whatdoveganseat
- To cook the filling, heat some oil in a large pan. Add onions, and fry them with garlic and black pepper until golden brown.
- Add a little water to prevent dryness.
- Add the wine and let the wine evaporate.
- Add in the tomato passata and all the herbs.
- Let it cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and mix thoroughly, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and an additional 2 cups of water.
- Let it simmer for another 15-20 minutes on low heat, while mixing regularly until the rice is just cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and let the mixture cool.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting the tops off
- On the bottom of a tray, put half a cup of water and place the empty peppers in the tray.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle olive oil on top.
- Stuff the peppers up to 80% so the rice can cook further in the oven.
- Put the peppers in the oven, cook it for 45 minutes on 160 degrees.
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)