It’s been a week since I have been using a bamboo toothbrush. I can’t believe I didn’t make the switch earlier.
Not so long ago I read an article written by someone who lives in Costa Rica. In their article, they said that almost every time after a storm the beach that they go to gets covered with hundreds of toothbrushes. It is not a nice feeling to witness that for sure.
Did you know that all the plastic created in the world still exists? Personally, I feel this is something that we can all do something about, starting today.
I believe that the little things that you do daily make the difference.
Plastic Detox and Zero Waste Lifestyle are constantly gaining popularity. I am well aware that this whole thing is a privilege and we do have to take advantage of it. Choose less waste and less harm when you can.
Here are 5 reasons why you should use a bamboo toothbrush.
1. It’s easy and very accessible. There are 4.7 billion toothbrushes manufactured every year and the advice is to replace them every 3 or so months. Your toothbrush seems like an important item to switch as you are using it daily. Using a bamboo toothbrush seems like an easy swap as you can buy them from Amazon.
2. It’s biodegradable cruelty-free product which is also suitable for the whole family. Bamboo is one of the best multi-purpose sustainable materials that you can use. The handle feels so light and it’s perfectly curved for tiny hands, too. Nearly the whole product [excluding the brusels} is compostable-including the packaging that it comes in.
3. The bamboo material has antibacterial properties. This is one of the main reasons bamboo grows so fast in nature. It’s so nice to hold it in your hands and it feels as light as a feather. It’s perfectly shaped and it fits in my youngest son’s hand nicely. The multi-coloured bristles is also a winner.
4. Bamboo is a wonderful alternative to the plastic that we are so used to using. Habit and convenience will win over new things that you might haven’t tried before. In this occasion replacing your toothbrush will prove you wrong. The bamboo material is amazing in mimicking the plastic one that we are used to using since no age. My only regret is that I didn’t do it earlier.
5. It’s BPA free non-toxic material which is a guarantee for a wonderful quality product. Anything that you can do to reduce and eliminate toxic chemicals in your lifestyle is a step in the right direction. It is good for your health and great for the environment.
We are all part of this amazing circle of life. The life of the toothbrush can simply be used as food for plants or poison for the oceans. You can make the change! Happy brushing!
For a cleaner planet and cleaner teeth I recommend you head over to My Pure Core Amazon Store